If you went to the library to continue to research for History Day, please answer the following questions by Monday, September 16th.
Please answer them in complete sentences.
1. What were the reasons for writing the Declaration of Independence?
2. What are the four parts of the Declaration of Independence?
3. What arguments does the Declaration of Independence make in support of the colonies' independence?
4. What complaints did the colonists have against the King of Britain?
5. What is the purpose of government as described in the Declaration of Independence?
6. What does the Declaration say about people have the right to do if a government does not protect their rights?
7. What do the following phrases from the Declaration mean?
- "all men are created equal"
- "consent of the governed"
- "unalienable rights"